Hi, I'm Michael Yacavone.
I'm a humanist, experimentalist, and whole systems strategist.
It goes without saying that the interconnections of the world are transforming the work of people and institutions. As a guiding philosophy, I believe success requires moving from a mental model of managing stocks to one of managing flows – from thinking about fixed quantities to thinking about rates of change – and that business collaboration and design around these systemic flows demands vastly increased cooperation.
What I Care About
- Whole systems, over fragmented perspectives.
- Thoughtful engagement, over snap responsiveness.
- Emergent mystery, over problems/solutions.
- Macro-structures, over micro-details.
- Improvisation within structures, over command and control.
- Goals and outcomes, over deliverables and inputs.
- Leadership, over management.
- Creative and generative, over consumption and extraction.
- Expansion, over reduction.
- Love, over fear.
For fun, I enjoy experimenting with the psychoacoustics of high-resolution audio systems, and optimizing everything in sight for better human experience. I'm also the husband of a beautiful, generous, and loving woman who is a professor of sociology and social psychology, so I enjoy convivial conversation.
Spreading the Word
People say nice things when working together…